Korea 2010 - part 3

Part 3 of the trip.
After visiting the Gyeongbokgung We spent some time in "The National Folk Museum of Korea" (Finally remember the name :p). It is located on the ground of the Gyeongbokgung, built during the Joseon period (1392 - 1910). It exhibits the how the commoners and nobles lived in the traditional times.

K14

The museum itself consists of 3 main exhibition halls, each told " The History of Korea", "The Korea Way of Life", and the "Life Cycle of Koreans". There is also a Children's Museum and Open-air Exhibition. I'm not sure why they do not allow camera's flash light in the exhibition hall, so please bear with the poor picture quality.

The Exhibition Hall I started with the history of the Korean people.
It starts by providing the chronology of he Korea's living history, important turning points in people's daily lives.

K73
Something caught my eyes here, there are the "Three Kingdoms" era in Korea as well. It refers to the ancient Korean kingdoms of Goguryeo, Baekje and Silla, which dominated the Korean peninsula and parts of Manchuria for much of the 1st millennium CE. So it is not the "Three Kingdoms - Wei (魏), Shu (蜀), and Wu (吳) back in China.

K76
I like the phoenix sculpture of this artifact.

K74
A fine made model of the villages' structure in the traditional times.

K68
Err.. I dunno who is she. Just found this picture at the entrance of the exhibition hall.

K77
It was just too dark for me to take a better quality photo >"< ....

K78

K15
I wonder if these are the "heng dai" in traditional Korean's wedding.

K69
The 60th birthday celebration for the Koreans.

K34
Traditional education system in Korea.

K79
The ethical education, it looks so familiar.

K72

I would like to upload more photos taken in the museum, but the quality is just too poor.
A lot of blur images, so I decided to scrap those..  T_T

Some nice scenes taken at Gwanghwamun Square which is located just outside of the palace :)
K55
Statue of Admiral Yi Sun-Shin

K28
Love the fountain ... nice place for weekend family outing :)

Next stop - Insadong.
It is known as the art and antique district whereby there are dozens of shops selling art supplies, and handicrafts here. This is one of the best place to grab some souvenirs for your friends and family.

K49

K48

K20
Traditional masks, they can be found all over the place in Insadong. They do looks kind of creepy o.O

K13
Street artist.

K21

I was lucky to be able to watch the semi final of the Taekgyeon tournament 2010.
This is the first time I heard of Taekgyeon, it is totally different from Taekwondo which I've learnt during secondary school.
K46

K54

K17

I'm not sure how special the ice cream is, but they are indeed popular since it can be found at every corner of Insadong.
K47

Koreans do believe in fortune telling ..
K53

Cute little creatures ^_^, I wish I could take them back to Malaysia.
K26

K12

The restaurant that we went for our lunch ..
K52

K10

K27

K8

Finally , the end of Korea 2010.
It was tiring rather than enjoying since I have limited time. Hopefully I got a chance to visit here another time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natsumi Step

The Complete Manual of Suicide