Chinatown - SG

I had spent my last weekend in Singapore to attend my friend's wedding dinner.
It has been more than 3 years since the last time meeting with all my uni's friends. It was fun to finally meet up with them.

I've stayed in Chinatown for the weekend. The place just reminded me of Petaling Street in KL.
Some snap shots before my camera run out of battery (curse myself for forgetting to charge the battery >"<)

sg9

Coming out from the MRT station, the place is quite happening even during the daytime.
sg22

The lanterns, booths, crowds, all these resemble Petaling Street in KL.
sg23

sg18

Something that is not so similar to Petaling Street, the miniature lions used in lion dance are quite common in Chinatown. Perhaps the tourists may find them interesting and unique for souvenirs but definitely not for me.
sg2

I quit using these brushes since elementary school .. hehe..
sg7

Antiques...
sg26

Cheongsam or 旗袍 are one of the common stuff can be seen everywhere within Chinatown.
sg10

More variety, even for the kids.
sg19

Found this piece of junk outside of the restaurant, not really sure what is it.
sg11

"客栈" the traditional way to call a hotel / inn. Love the sign board.
sg5

This is one of my favorite, "人在江湖,身不由己". It simply means you are forced to do something that you are not willing to due to certain circumstances. So does it imply that I have to dine in your restaurant even tough I do not want to ? .. hehe
sg8

sg21

sg17

sg16

sg6

I did get a chance to visit one of the temple nearby - "佛牙寺".
sg4

sg12

The lighting was poor inside the temple, anyway still get some snap shots of it.
sg14

sg24

sg13

An Indian / Tamil temple, the main entrance was closed (>"<).
sg1

For the last photo, found this "ang mo" posing outside of the temple. Hope he did not notice that I was shooting at him :p
sg3



Comments

嘉嘉 said…
啊...好美的旗袍...

Popular posts from this blog

Natsumi Step

The Complete Manual of Suicide