Further study :p

Recently I heard that someone is willing to send ppl back to school if they are weak in specific language. I think I might need to take that opportunity ... here is the reason :

Can anyone translate this "mereka sepatutnya membalas budi" ?

Below is my understanding after 15 years of M'sia education.

1) "mereka" , I'm sure the meaning is "they" , oh wait .. there is another one , it is a verb - "invent".

2) "sepatutnya ", the meaning is "should" , no doubt on this since google translated so.

3) "membalas", wow.. there are so many explanations on this depends on the usage ... errr ... oh .. I've just recalled some fella told me not to translate word by word ... we should see the meaning of the sentence in overall ... okok .. so here is my answer:

"They should be grateful"

No matter how you put in a paragraph or sentence, it still sounds the same to me ... However there are just ppl who said that it was wrong [>_<] Alright .. I'm not good in this .. so pls send me back to school .. :p

Comments

pinkylicious said…
Send me back too :).
David Chan said…
I miss schooling!!

MY, come kick my a** back to school! Now I cannot even form a sentence using Malay. 吹咩?
JacQueLine said…
So who is actually saying that it is wrong??
Wilson said…
guess lo ... :p

Popular posts from this blog

Natsumi Step

The Complete Manual of Suicide