Do you like basketball?

"Do you like basketball?"

This was the question directed to Sakuragi Hanamichi in the manga Slam Dunk. As a gifted rookie in the basketball arena, he knew nothing about basketball. His intention was to get closer to his dream girl Haruko who is the sister of the basketball team's captain - Arakagi. However after entering the arena, he slowly developed the great interest and spirit over basketball. When he was threw with the same question for the 2nd time, he finally could answer from the bottom of his heart

"Yes, I like basketball. I like it so much"


Slam Dunk was a manga series published all over the world during my secondary school years. Those were the time where i was 1st introduced to basketball. Reading the manga actually helps me to gain more and more interest playing basketball. Even up to now, I'm still playing basketball frequently. Whenever there is uneasiness in my life or felt stress all over, the basketball court would be the best place for me to relax my mind.

If you ever ask me the same question, I would definitely have the answer - "Yes, I like it so much"

The reason the inspired me to come up with this post would be the following clip which I found out from youtube last night. The last match of Shohoku in Slam Dunk. Their spirit of not giving up the match is really touching.

Comments

David Chan said…
Well... actually for me, something else attracted me to basketball. My motivation is now the other way round. I will be attracted to the manga AFTER I learn to like basketball... Hahaha!!!
Wilson said…
hehehehe... i tot u said u do like basketball in 1 of ur post rite? anyway... da mmanga itself not only talk about basketball but also the spirit of not giving up easily... it was the best manga tat i had ever read ...

Popular posts from this blog

Natsumi Step

The Complete Manual of Suicide